Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
North West England, England
£28000 - £30000 per annum
over 1 year ago
Formulation Chemist - Personal care
North West England
Rapidly-growing company requires a Development Chemist to work on a range of niche FMCG products. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the development and formulation of personal care, health and beauty, home care, laundry cleaning or similar products.
Creative and highly motivated company culture. Competitive salary, defined-contributions pension scheme and 40 working hours per week.
Role / Description
* Formulating new personal care and household products for global markets
* Delivering products based on customer brief, within quality and regulatory constraints
* Managing own diary to best deliver on projects
* Creating specifications for new or improved products
* Liaising with in-house technical teams to develop ideas and adhere to technical, regulatory and budgeting requirements
* Liaising with suppliers to obtain new and alternative raw materials
* Carrying out stability testing and further analysis to determine properties, including viscosity and pH
* Communicating project updates and pertinent information to technical director as needed
* Recording laboratory work for future reference and review
* Ideally degree qualified in cosmetic science, chemistry or related science subject
* Proven background and significant experience of developing and formulating colour cosmetic or personal care products
* Able to manage own diary to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
* Flexible and pro-active with a positive approach to problem solving
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.