Search Professional Services are working closely with a well-known financial services organisation to assist with the recruitment of a Tax Consultant on an initial 9 month fixed term contract. With offices throughout the UK, the Tax department ensures compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitors tax regulations and legislation. In addition, it calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses.
The dedicated Tax department was established in 2011 with the aim to support global direct tax reporting, compliance and technical analysis needs.
- Support tax compliance and reporting within the UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA)
- Review quarterly effective tax rates for US GAAP and IFRS reporting
- Collaborate with other stakeholders across the tax function in order to build strong relationships
- Knowledge share, coach and mentor other individuals across the team, at a range of levels
- Drive innovation and process efficiency improvements
- Work collaboratively across the Firm to deal with ad hoc issues and manage risk
- Proficient UK Corporation Tax compliance knowledge and experience
- ACCA/CIMA/CA or ATT/CTA qualification
- UK Corporation tax work experience in Practice or Industry
- Work collaboratively in a team, providing assistance and support to others, when needed
- Ability and willingness to work with virtual teams across varying regions towards the achievement of common goals
- Aptitude for working in a swiftly changing, dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work, controls and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
You may also have:
- Experience of US GAAP and US tax compliance
- Experience of tax compliance in other EMEA Tax jurisdictions
The rate for this role will be within a range of £350 - £550 per day, depending on candidate locations (Glasgow or London).
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age