Search Healthcare has an immediate requirement for Support Workers for permanent contracts (37.5hrs per week) for a support service for young adults aged 16 to 35 years based in the outskirts of Glasgow.
Whilst the young adults primary diagnosis is of a learning disability, there may also be present a secondary diagnosis of mental health or autism issues and behaviours with challenges.
Responsibilities include following individual care plans, providing personal care, 1-2-1 support and in some cases 2-2-1 support, medication management and helping with day-to-day tasks.
Successful candidates will have:
* Must have a minimum 1 years' previous support work experience in a challenging behaviour environment
* Have a current PVG or be willing to join the scheme
* Have SSSC (Scottish Social Services Council) membership or be willing to join
* Be energetic and resilient
* A can do, positive attitude
* Be kind, caring and strive to provide the highest level of care and support possible to vulnerable service users
* The ability to lone work and as part of a wider team
* Be able to work using your own initiative
* Access to funding for SVQ Level 3
* Full and extensive training, including NAPPI Training
* Support from well established management
Due to the remote location of the service, driving licence with own car is essential.
APPLY TODAY! You can call 0141 272 7768 for more information. (Agy)
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.