Role: Credit Controller
My client is a worldwide commercial firm with over 5000 lawyers worldwide. They pride themselves on helping their clients and are driven by technology. They nurture their employees whilst recruiting and retaining top talent across multiple sectors. They are passionate about providing well established opportunities and a clear progression plan.
- To support the Practice Group Finance team in the management of the Firm's debtors whilst maintaining good client relationships.
- Consistently deliver high quality services on time, with a focus on responsiveness, client satisfaction, effective client communication and client service orientation.
- Assist in identifying and implementing ways to develop and deliver products and services to meet client objectives and business needs.
- Assist in Identifying and implementing process improvements that maximise efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist in identifying and executing ways to develop and enhance relationships with clients.
- Enforcement of CMS credit policies including query resolution and treatment of bad/doubtful debt.
- Daily debt reviews using ARCS calendar to chase outstanding debt, ensuring all information is fully recorded onto ARCS system, adhering to the best practice guidelines.
- Liaison with external and internal clients to progress payment of invoices.
- Handling client queries, escalating to the Practice Group Finance Team or Partner as required.
- Engage in discussions with Practice Group Finance team on debtor issues.
- Maintaining up to date bad and doubtful debt provisions.
- Working with the Debt Recovery Team in minimising overdue debt.
- Account reconciliations to ensure correct allocation of Funds received.
- Production of manual statements.
Key Skills Required:
- Knowledge of credit control process.
- Knowledge of a legal billing system would be beneficial.
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word.
- Computer literate - basic typing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels, confident, with professional telephone manner.
- Analytical skills to resolve queries.
- Shows flexibility in approach.
- Is enthusiastic about role and keen to contribute to team.
- Works to given timeframes and anticipates likely workflows.
- Consistently produces accurate work.
- Preferably experienced in account management