Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
bonus, flex working, progression, parking
Role: Credit Controller
My client was founded over 100 years ago and is currently in the top 150 of the 2020 fortune 500. They operate in over 190 countries employing over 55,000 people. This innovative technology company is expanding their credit control function and it is a fantastic time to join the business.
You will report to the Credit Control Manager you will be involved in end to end Credit Control with Sales Ledger responsibilities.
* On a daily basis, making high volume telephone calls to customers to facilitate payments with the aim of reducing debt and average debtor days
* Sales ledger/Accounts receivable raising invoices, posting to client ledgers
* Working with the finance team to escalate issues when payments have not been made
* The creation of electronic communication with clients and customers to confirm agreements and actions
* The auctioning of letters within the system as required to chase payment
* Chasing all overdue invoices and ensure all monies are paid within a timely manner
* Reducing the risk of bad debt
* Full end to end sales ledger processing
* Improving the cash flow of the business
* Ensure customers pay in a timely manner, chasing overdue invoices when necessary.
* Regular communication with customers, via phone and email, sending payment reminders where necessary.
* Assisting in sending statements to customers on a monthly basis.
* Arrange for the credit application form and evaluate and register their credit terms
* Continuous check and amendments of credit terms of existing customers, including customer communications.
* Communicate with customers anything that has to do with payments, and other commercial terms & conditions.
* Maintain accurate records of customer payment activity.
* Working closely with the sales and customer service divisions, dealing and resolving internal payment/credit queries.
* Keeping all agreements in sync and up to date, look at possible improvements, and re-negotiate any future changes.
* Communication with our lawyers regarding our agreements, and keeping them within current legislation.
* Management of customer contact details
* Handle any legal commercial non-technical disputes.
* Evaluate and administrate any need for payment insurances.
Key Skills Required:
* Credit Control & Sales Ledger/Accounts Receivable experience is a must
* Understanding of Credit Control processes and procedures
* Driven and keen to progress
* Relationship building and knowing your clients
* Focused on achieving targets
* Able to work in a high volume area
* Accuracy and attention to detail when record keeping
* Well developed numeracy skills
* Minimum of 2 years within a Credit Control role
* Demonstrated experience within a fast moving, forward thinking and customer-led organisation
* Background in technology, construction, engineering or energy preferred
* Self starter
* Progressive mind set and somebody who wants to develop their career
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Planning & Organising
* Relationship Management
* Displays strong desire and willingness to learn new skills
* Provision of excellent customer service
* Working from home until September as a minimum then flex working
* Free on site parking
* Monthly Bonus
* ICM study
* 400K Retirement Savings Plan
* Profit Sharing
* Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
* Flexible Spending Account
* Pension Plan
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Health care and income protection
* Wellness and additional resources
* Retirement and education
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.