I am looking for an experienced Private secretary to support my client within the Civil Service on a temporary basis for 6 months initially. As a Private Secretary, you will act as a high-level gateway between the Head of Private Office and their wider team, providing all aspects of secretarial and project management support.
You will have experience ideally of working in a similar role within the public sector or Civil service supporting at a senior level. In this role you will support the Head of Private Office with every aspect of their day to ensure they can deliver in their duties in a timely and professional manner whilst ensuring that their time is optimised.
My client offer Hybrid working and flexible working hours with a 37 hour working week. They also offer an attractive holiday allowance of 33 days annual leave a year. The office in based in Glasgow City Centre.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a main contact for the senior leader across the organisation
- Support in representing their views effectively to steer teams in the right direction
- Filter important information coming into the department to the correct people
- Support with setting timetables and milestones and ensuring delivery to time on high profile projects
- Ensure papers, briefings and submissions meet quality standards and expectations before submission
- Review, summarise and advise on submissions, correspondence, briefing and speeches as necessary, on a wide range of topics
- Proactively build effective relationships on behalf of the senior leader with staff at all levels
- Communicate on behalf of senior leaders with regulatory bodies, government, and external stakeholders Represent senior leaders in meetings to ensure their views are represented and any actions tracked to completion.
- Attend meeting, ensure the senior leader is briefed for all meetings
As you will see from the above this opportunity is much more than PA and secretarial support, my client needs someone who can be an extension of them and demonstrate the ability to support in all of the above. You will be heavily involved in each and every part of the day to day running of this area and projects.
You Must have:
- Excellent organisational skills with proven ability to identify priorities and support senior leaders to oversee their portfolios of work (Lead)
- Strong interpersonal skills with significant experience developing and managing effective working relationships and networks with a range of internal and external stakeholders Proven ability to assess and judge a situation,
- Ability to work at pace in a constantly changing environment.
- Confident presentation, oral and written skills
If you have experience of working in a similar role and would like to discuss in more details please do not hesitate to contact Denise at the Glasgow office to be considered for this exciting opportunity!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age