An opportunity is available for a SHEQ Manager to a leading construction firm operating across the Northeast of Scotland.
This is a chance to join a very well-established firm, with an enviable reputation for delivering high quality projects across multiple construction sectors.
* To provide leadership and management for all Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality matters within the organisation.
* Provide strategic SHEQ direction and lead implementation of effective SHEQ strategies, policies and procedures.
* Actively lead on the creation of a positive health and safety culture within the company, seeking best practice at every opportunity.
* Enforce all health and safety legislation, policies, and procedures.
* Lead, manage and mentor the SHEQ Advisor and the wider team on SHEQ matters.
* Ensure SHEQ management systems remain in line or ahead of industry best practice and national standards.
* Be the lead interface with key internal and external stakeholders including contractors, regulators, enforcement agencies and suppliers.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
* Manage, develop and continual review of SHEQ policies, IMS, objectives and procedures ensuring successful integration and effectiveness.
* Devise the SHEQ strategy for Director approval and deliver the agreed targets.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring risk and audit reviews are implemented across the organisation.
* Present and provide a SHEQ report on a monthly/quarterly basis to the Board on Company's SHEQ performance, highlighting any concerns and/or making improvement suggestions as necessary.
* Manage the performance and development of SHEQ advisor.
* Ensure the departmental quarterly SHEQ bulletin is issues.
* Prepare annual SHEQ budget and control expenses to meet agreed budget in conjunction with operational teams.
* Overall responsibility for ensuring legislative compliance with all relevant health, safety and environmental regulations.
* Oversee, promote and drive continuous improvement within the Company for all SHEQ matters.
* Ensure that accident/incident investigations are completed thoroughly and timeously. Ensure appropriate action is taken and that findings are in accordance with company policies. Ensure any accidents/incidents are reported to the statutory authorities within the stipulated timeframes.
* Review SHEQ statistics and ensure implementation of improvement where required.
* Provide competent health, safety and environmental advice/coaching and guidance to employees at all levels within the company.
* Responsible for ensuring subcontract H&S matrix is implemented.
* Carry out regular SHEQ audits on all company sites and live projects.
* Lead and chair monthly/quarterly SHEQ meetings.
* Act as focal point for all company related insurance incidents/claims and liaise with the insurance broker.
* Ensure compliance by all personnel (including employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agency personnel, suppliers, work placements, consultants and other visitors to company premises) to all relevant SHEQ policies and relevant inductions.
* Responsible for all external audits to maintain company management system registration to ISO 45001:2018, ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 9001: 2015 standards.
* Proactively identify and guide on any changes to existing ISO standards/new ISO standards.
* Liaise with local enforcement and advisory authorities/organisations and attend relevant events and act upon any notices issued.
* Represent the company at local safety groups and trade associations as necessary.
* Drive and deliver planned SHEQ events (e.g. audits, tours/visits, drug & alcohol testing) and tool box talks and any company wide H&S campaigns.
* In conjunction with Line Managers and SHEQ Adviser, identify, lead and deliver SHEQ training needs and initiatives.
* Formal health & safety training/certification - e.g. NEBOSH certificate/diploma
* Lead auditor
* Professional membership to IOSH or IIRSM
* UK Driving Licence
* CQI or IRCA approved internal auditor
* Right to live and work in the UK
* Trained in ISO 9001, 14001, 45001
* Train the Trainer, or equivalent qualification
* A degree in relevant subject
* SVQ 4 level or equivalent supervisor level qualification
* Salary negotiable, circa £65,000
* Car allowance
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.