The tailoring process
Tailoring your CV involves several key steps:
- Research the company - Understand their values, culture, and specific needs by reviewing their website and social media.
- Analyse the job description - Use it as a guide to highlight the most relevant skills and experiences in your CV.
- Prioritise relevant skills - Arrange your skills in order of relevance to the position.
- Match skills with requirements - Compare your skills with the job requirements to ensure a good match.
Providing specific examples
Use specific examples in your CV to demonstrate your skills. For instance:
- Show how you have been innovative in previous roles.
- Highlight instances where you've taken initiative as a self-starter.
- Demonstrate your ability to work well in a team.
- Provide examples of your leadership skills, even in non-managerial roles.
A tailored CV is more than a formality. It enhances your suitability for the role and demonstrates your genuine interest in the company and position. This strategic approach increases your chances of being shortlisted and ultimately, securing the job you want.
By following these detailed steps, you ensure that your CV not only effectively presents your skills and experience but also resonates with the specific role and company culture, significantly boosting your job application success.
Have you found this article insightful? At Search, we work with 6,000+ businesses across the UK and have uncovered what makes a great CV in today’s job market. If you are looking to stand out in your job search, contact our dedication recruitment experts today.