Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Maintenance Supervisors work 5 days out of 7, between the hours of 8am and 8pm. Weekends will be required on a rota basis.
Are you experienced in delivering high quality planned and reactive maintenance services in a property management environment, whilst keeping customers at the heart of everything you do? Then we have room for you in an exciting and varied new role, in a company that will recognise, reward, and grow your potential.
A progressive FTSE 100 company and the leading provider of purpose-built student accommodation in the UK. We are looking for great people to join our Customer Operations team as Maintenance Supervisors and help us provide outstanding service to the students who call US Home.
You will be accountable for a small team of Facilities Team Members, helping to maintaining a well-kept, safe, secure, compliant, and efficient environment. This includes taking ownership of planned and reactive maintenance, and ensuring your team provide our students with a world-class and responsive service.
You will be able to:
- Support the Facilities Manager to build and develop a motivated, engaged, and high-performance team
- Support the routine activities of your team, including delegating tasks and setting targets
- Supporting the training and development of your team members to help them reach their potential
- Take accountability for your team`s responsiveness in solving students` problems
- Take accountability for your team`s performance, actively participating in performance management conversations and personal development plans
- Assume Facilities Team Member duties when the Facilities Manager is on shift
- Ensure compliance checks are done correctly and on time
You will lead and motivate your team to:
- Provide general maintenance assistance throughout our student properties, such as taking deliveries, moving furniture, and maintaining the grounds.
- Solve all sorts of basic maintenance issues with a can-do attitude - this could involve fixing doors, painting walls, cleaning the courtyard, or changing light bulbs.
- Assist the facilities engineering team in keeping our properties in excellent condition.
- Conduct regular building checks to make sure that our buildings are clean, safe, and secure.
- Help us deliver on our sustainability strategies to provide net-zero carbon accommodation and create resilient, resource-efficient assets to do so.
What we`re looking for in you:
- Must have a full UK drivers license
- You will have general knowledge or experience working within maintenance, e.g., minor electrical, decorating, plumbing, joinery work.
- You will be able to confidentially lead your team in the absence of the Facilities Manager to maintain exceptional customer service
- You are able to manage the competing demands of compliance and delivering world-class experience for our students
- You can delegate tasks fairly, bearing in mind your team`s strengths and weaknesses
- You will communicate effectively, by actively listening, making points logically, and by using appropriate language, tone, and gesture
- You have great time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- You remain calm and focused, even in difficult or pressurised situations
- You are detail-orientated, nothing escapes your eye
- You are confident working both on your own or as part of the team.
- You understand and respect the diversity of others` cultures, beliefs, and backgrounds
We will provide you with:
- A market competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent training to support your learning and development
- An opportunity to grow your skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Working 37.5 hours per week, the Maintenance Supervisor will be on property and available as business needs dictate, in line with our promise to our students of `being there when you need us` - this will include being part of an appropriate on-call rota alongside your team.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.