Search Consultancy's specialist UK nursing recruitment teams have been placing nurses in a wide range of vacancies since 2004. We are widely experienced in the recruitment of qualified, validated nurses in temporary, permanent and interim roles in both the private and public sectors.
We recruit for a wide range of clients and provide candidates at all levels of experience, from newly qualified (band 5) through to senior management roles such as director of nursing. With a network of offices through the UK, we can source candidates in Crawley, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool and Manchester.
Our reputation is based on our ability to match the right people with the right job. This means taking each and every candidate we work with through a thorough recruitment process. We pride ourselves on working with the very best nurses in the industry which means taking time to understand their skills, experience and career aspirations so that we can help them secure the right position.
We value the importance of complying with up to date legislation for background checks and referencing. At Search we don't believe in being confined to the office. It's important to get out there and meet our clients and candidates, whether in their workplace or via events.
Within the nursing industry, as one of the leading nursing recruitment agencies, Search recognises that there are varying specialisms within nursing, all of which have different needs and requirements. Using our wide network of UK offices and the expertise of our specialist nursing recruitment consultants, we can help to recruit candidates in the following areas:
General nurses often work in hospitals or in the community such as people’s homes, health centres or nursing homes. As soon as a nurse is qualified, they can prolong their education with additional training to specialise in areas such as cancer care, women's health, accident and emergency, critical care, practice nursing, health visiting or working within schools and local authorities.
Paediatric nurses work with children and young people, operating in a variety of environments from specialist baby care units to adolescent units. The medical needs of children are very different to those of adults and children’s nurses are specially trained to understand their needs. Paediatric nurses also offer support and advice to parents and carers. Once qualified, they can specialise in areas such as health visiting, school nursing, intensive care, child safeguarding and paediatric cancer care.
Learning disability nursing
Nurses who qualify in this branch of nursing help people with learning disabilities to live independent and fulfilling lives. They may work with people in supported accommodation, or with those who need more intensive support. For instance, in hospitals or in specialist secure units for offenders with learning disabilities. There is also the opportunity to specialise in areas such as epilepsy management or working with people with sensory impairment.
Mental health nursing
Mental health nurses plan and deliver care for people living at home, in small residential units or in specialist hospital services. Nurses working in this field often require enhanced communication skills to support families and carers. Mental health nurses are expected to work with other health care professionals to ensure patients with mental illness get the specialised care they need. They may develop expertise in areas such as rehabilitation, child and adolescent mental health, substance misuse or working in secure settings.
If you are looking for qualified nurses for short term cover or candidates for a permanent position, we are here and ready to help you. Every one of our candidates goes through a stringent vetting procedure and we are proud to confirm that we only forward candidates of the highest calibre to our clients for consideration.
Our candidate testing procedures for nurses includes:
- Full CV, with all gaps of more than three months accounted for
- Health record questionnaire and copies of available vaccination/immunisation records
- An enhanced DBS check dated within 12 months, including ISA
- Confirmation of right to work in the UK
- Face-to-face interview and ID check
- Two x professional references, including most recent employer
- Copies of all qualifications (originals seen)
- Professional registration PIN checks carried out regularly
- Mandatory training provided and regularly updated
- We recruit for a wide range of clients, from residential and nursing homes, through to the NHS, walk-in-centres and GP practices. Our team also specialises in the provision of specifically trained and experienced staff to work in secure mental health environments
The roles we recruit for within our Nursing specialism include:
- Advanced nurse practitioners
- Aesthetic nurses
- Clinical nurse advisors
- Clinical services managers
- Clinical trainer/auditor
- Health care assistants
- Hospital managers
- Practice nurses
- Support workers
- Theatre nurses
- Occupational health nurses
- Operating department practitioners
Our full range of services for clients looking for nursing candidates also includes:
- 24/7 emergency on-call service, covered by medical recruitment specialists
- A dedicated, UK based compliance team
- Training opportunities for candidates to assist with CPD
- In-house advertising and response handling teams
- Emergency and volume support
- Outsourcing solutions nursing
Contact us today to find out how we can help you meet your nursing recruitment needs. We look forward to working with you.