Retrofit Energy Advisor
- Salary - £26,000 per annum
- Merseyside / Cheshire
- Home & Field Based
- Start Date - Immediate start available
- Hours - Monday to Friday, 9am - 5pm (35 hours per week)
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an enthusiastic Retrofit Energy Advisor to join a program focused on supporting communities across Merseyside and Cheshire. You will be working with people based within the local community to provide advice and information on support available to them.
The Retrofit Energy Advisor will provide advice in a friendly and reassuring way in regards to energy efficiency and retrofit measures, able-to-pay or grant schemes available to support the installation of measures including insulation, electric heat-pumps, photovoltaic electricity generation, solar water heating, and other renewable energy measures.
The role will combine a mixture of office/home working and being out on the field so a full UK driving license is essential for this position as well as a willingness to go and visit customers based around Merseyside and Cheshire to provide face to face support and advice (as this role is field / home based, candidates can live anywhere across Merseyside and Cheshire).
- Shift pattern, Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Job will include:
- You will be the main point of contact for residents and will be focussed on developing and maintaining relationships with residents, providing advice they feel confident to act on
- Explaining the retrofit process simply, explaining the different potential measures (including their benefits, limitations, requirements and any other aspects such as disruption levels)
- Supporting residents to identify potential or actual barriers and exploring ways to overcome them
- Assisting with applications to grant funds or schemes and being available to respond to any and all queries related to the retrofit agenda
- Speaking to a variety of different customers, being the first point of contact for clients seeking support both in person and over the phone
- Knowledge / Experience within home improvements
- Prior experience of energy and/or retrofit advice is advantageous although some discretion may be used to individuals who are able to evidence essential experience in providing quality advice, information, and support
- Experience of providing effective empathetic support to vulnerable clients
- Full UK Driving License / access to own vehicle
- Excellent communication and listening skills
If you are interested in this position and have the required skills and experience then please apply online or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.