I'm currently partnered with a PE Backed Insurance provider that are looking to add another member to their ever growing team. They are on the hunt for an Assistant Accountant with previous experience in the insurance industry!
The role is focused on providing an all around accounts assistant support to the M&A Financial Controller following an acquisition in the Group. Key focus will include responsibility for the maintenance of all activities relating to purchase ledger across the acquired entities alongside support for the processing and reconciliation of accounting and cash activities. The role will involve liaising with multiple business areas for the management of the Group expense matrix.
· Correctly code and process purchase invoices through the accounting ledger in accordance with the Group cost control matrix
· Management of external supplier queries in relation to purchase invoices
· Maintenance of Credit Card and petty cash expenditure and reconciliations
· Production of payment runs for reconciled invoices
· Raise any other required payments across the Bspoke Group
· Reconcile the entity purchase ledger balances for inclusion in the monthly balance sheet reconciliations
· Maintenance of daily cashbooks and banking including posting/ allocating of daily cash receipts
· Assist senior Finance management in the acquisition and integration of finance activities for acquired entities
· Review and suggest changes/ improvements, efficiencies to current processes and cost base
· Support statutory audit process
· Engaging with operation teams including both the Financial Control & Performance teams and providing support to aid
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Previous experience processing purchase ledger transactions
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to plan and prioritise own activities effectively
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and work under pressure
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills both oral and written in reconciliations and analyses.
· Attention to detail and application of controls on quality and content of output.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.