Youth Engagement Advisor - Surrey - £23,150 - Permanent
37. 5 hours per week
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a confident, engaging personality to join this successful team in Surrey.
My client is a global team of over 2,700 people working across 11 countries, helping to create strong societies in which citizens have the independence, knowledge and know-how to thrive. Currently working with over 70 partner organisations from the public, private and third sectors - each carefully selected to ensure they share their core values. In the UK they deliver services in five specialist areas Employment, Health, Justice Youth services and Qualifications and Apprenticeships
Youth Services Purpose:
This sector specialises in delivering Youth Services programmes for young person's in line with the government led programmes. The service offers a unique opportunity for participants to build life skills such as effective communication, team building and independence in preparation for their next stages of adulthood.
The Youth Engagement Advisor role is an exciting opportunity to recruit young people onto an exciting programme where they can thrive and realise their full potential. The role will involve working in a fast-paced environment engaging a diverse mix of 15-17-year olds and managing a caseload of schools.
You will be expected to achieve targets based on expressions of interest and sign-ups per school and season working closely with the Team Leader. This will be done via the delivery of recruitment events such as assemblies, stands, teacher meetings and other youth group sessions.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Accountability for driving consistent strong performance via recruitment events such as school assemblies and youth groups.
* Ability to present to large audiences of young people creating enthusiasm and a passion to take part in the scheme via schools, colleges & youth group events.
* Ability to deliver strong sales pitches when working on recruitment stalls to sell the experience to young people.
* Build and maintain relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including teachers, parents/guardians, community leaders, governors etc.
* Proactively identify new opportunities to recruit young people onto the programme.
* Ability to adapt presentation style to a varied audience such as single-gender schools, faith schools, sixth form colleges and alternative education.
* Manage a caseload of schools and colleges ensuring minimum recruitment events are booked and pre-event research is completed.
* Lead on the delivery of teacher meetings with a cohort of schools, tailoring recruitment activity and provide feedback within season and post.
* Data entry of young person interest forms into CRM system within required timeframes.
* Participate in at least one residential overnight stay per year with young participants to evaluate and feedback on the live experience.
Whilst the points noted below form the core of the role, we require all employees to be flexible and supportive of the business needs as they evolve and continue to provide the best possible service. Therefore the job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties and may be reviewed by the company as required
* Build strong professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders which consistently enhance the delivery of business objectives
* Working in harmony with the wider Team to ensure that standards are continuously kept to a high level, exceeding business and client expectations
* Supporting the Delivery function by highlighting potential opportunities for future growth and the expansion of services through existing relationships and networking
* Remaining a brand ambassador for Ingeus and Youth Services as part of the business culture and company vision
* Responsible for facilitating strong educational relationships
What you'll need:
* Sales experience within a target environment, demonstrating top performance
* Public speaking experience
* Ability to build quick rapport with people (including young people, stakeholders and parent / guardians)
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Consistent performance against set KPI's, demonstrating both passion and drive to exceed expectations
* Ability to manage own diary through the use of effective time management, maintaining a flexible approach
* Comply with all internal and external policies and regulations, applying these to the role as require
* Knowledge and experience of safeguarding practice
* Must hold a full clean driving license and be prepared to travel as required with possible overnight stays
* Excellent IT skills and utilisation of Microsoft packages
* Enhanced DBS required
What you'll receive
* Competitive salary
* A role within a fantastic organisation who believe in changing young lives no matter the circumstances
* Excellent support network and all the tools required to complete the position
EXPENSES ARE PAID AT 45P PER MILE AND ALL WORK WILL BE WITHIN A 15 MILE COMMUTE!
This is a fun role working within an enthusiastic, supportive team who are looking to change young lives for the better! If you are bubbly, flexible, confident with the ability to manage your time effectively I need to speak to you NOW!!!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.