Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
Young Person Support Worker
Blackburn with Darwen
£11.77 per hour
Search is recruiting for a Young Persons Support Worker on behalf of a client in Blackburn with Darwen.
Purpose of the role:
* To be an ambassador for the Foyer and maintain positive relationships with all key stakeholders including Young People, Foyer Federation, the local authority, local education & training providers, housing providers - marketing and promoting the Foyer as safe, secure and place of personal development for young people.
* To develop effective and professional partnership working with a range of appropriate service providers.
* To coach and mentor young people in an advantage thinking manner to empower them to progress.
* To support young people around the five 'every child matters' principles - Staying Safe, Being healthy, Getting involved and making a positive contribution; Achieving economic wellbeing and Enjoying life and achieving their goals
Responsibilities of the role:
* To manage, coach and guide a caseload of circa 12 residents in a strengths-based approach
* To offer advice and guidance to all residents as and when required in the absence of their own support worker
* To meet with residents on a regular basis in line with Policies and Procedures and to update contact notes; support plans and individual risk assessments in a timely manner so that information is up to date and available if required.
* To record case notes input information onto data bases promptly and maintain any other relevant information systems as required in order to ensure effective case management.
* To ensure all safeguarding issues are reported to the manager and colleagues and accurate records are maintained.
* To prepare reports for and work with statutory agencies and attend meetings as required to ensure risks are managed including Early Help, CAF, TAC and Child Protection meetings etc.
* To adhere to all Foyer polices and procedures and to contribute towards their development and continual improvement.
* To update and maintain records and performance indicators for the preparation of reports. Supporting People; Foyer Federation and any others required at the request of the Foyer Manager.
* To work along side residents to find appropriate education, training or employment opportunities;
* To signpost and make referrals to statutory and specialist services as required within the Support Plan and Risk Assessment process.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age