Welfare Rights Officer
£14.81 per hour
We are looking to recruit a Welfare Rights Officer on a temporary basis. Working pattern is full time hours - 36 hours per week.
Flexible approach to homeworking.
Responsibilities of the role:
* The Welfare Rights Officer role will be to join a wider team of both benefit and debt advisers
* You will be supporting Tameside residents with specialist level welfare benefits advice and appeal representation.
* This support will extend to rough sleepers in the Borough including those accessing A Bed Every Night.
* You will be specifically supporting A Bed Every Night (ABEN)a high priority project for the council. Reducing homelessness and providing benefits advice to rough sleepers.
* You will assist with claims for benefits and charitable funds as well as helping residents to challenge benefit decisions.
* You will be expected to provide representation at Social Security Appeal Tribunals up to and including Upper Tribunal level.
* The successful applicant would need to have relevant, demonstrable experience in providing welfare benefits advice work, including tribunal representation, and a good knowledge of the benefits system, especially in the areas of sickness and disability.
To be considered for this role you must be:
* Must have experience of providing benefits advice
* Eligible to work in the UK
* Car Owner/Driver
* Enhanced DBS
Please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age