Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
about 1 month ago
Environmental and Waste Coordinator role available with an immediate start.
The multi skilled Facility Coordinator (Waste & PTW Coordinator) will carry out duties to maintain effective running of all Waste Disposal & The Permit to Work System to ensure that the maintenance department runs efficiently and provides the best service it can to its internal customers and provide accurate information to waste contractors.
1. Ensure that the weekly consignment information is accurately given to the Waste contractors on time so pickups are kept on schedule.
2. Ensure all waste is categorised correctly and the correct labels are on each drum/container so no waste can be misconstrued for another type.
3. Ensure the waste yard is marked up by waste streams and clearly identifiable to departments who bring waste out to the rear yard location
4. Ensure the waste Yard Operative is clear in their duties and that they follow those directions out to ensure the rear yard is always kept tidy and the waste streams are ready for Waste Contractor pickup - any discrepancies are identified to the Facility Coordinator / Maintenance Manager
5. Ensure that all waste is identified and catalogued accurately
6. Ensure all non-Hazardous waste stream on site are kept to a minimum (i.e Wood - metal - pallets)
7. Provide waste training for all necessary site personnel
8. Maintain all records for waste as per legal requirements (i.e Consignment Notes Haz notes/Non haz notes etc)
9. Ensure the Permit to Work (PTW) work system is up to date and enough books etc are always readily available.
10. Provide Training to all required Staff for Permit to Work
11. Write and ensure the system if followed and become the go to person for PTW.
12. Other Duties
* Any other necessary administration for the department
* Help in Ordering equipment and supplies when requested
* Other duties as requested by the Facility / Maintenance Manager
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
The Facility Coordinator will be required to develop and maintain proactive and sustainable relationships with all internal and external parties including the maintenance multi skilled engineering craftsmen, operational team members, the management team, contractors and suppliers, by:-
1. Getting the best out of self and others - Motivate, develop and empower others to reach goals, and take responsibility for own and others development
2. Communicating - Speak and write clearly, fluently and engagingly, and communicate openly, sharing information and listening to others
3. Working with others - Be proactive, encourage team working, work productively with others across the business, understanding the roles of different areas and developing good relationships.
4. Drive to get the job done - Work enthusiastically and tenaciously to achieve goals, and willing to take the initiative, Drive Improvements, make decisions and act.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
1. Knowledge and experience of working with Waste and PTW in facilities
2. IT skill on Microsoft products is a Key element for this role
3. Multi-Skilled, Facility / maintenance experience preferred but not essential
4. IPAF/FLT trained and certified - preferred
5. Good communications skills at all levels
6. Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
7. Conscientious and reliable
8. Good standard of numerical and verbal reasoning
9. Proactive and enthusiastic attitude
Please apply today as an immediate start is available.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age