Warehouse Shift Manager
I am currently looking for two people to join a fast paced distribution operation based within Merseyside.
The position is offering a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefit package covering up to a 20% bonus based on performance, discount cards up to 25%, life cover, health care, long service benefits, a competitive holiday package, a share purchase plan as well as running a great colleague recognition scheme.
The roles on offer will be covering a 6am - 2pm shift and a 2pm - 10pm shift.
Which ever shift a successful candidate will be placed on will be fixed however can be subject to change.
We are looking to speak with strong people managers who can focus on continues improvement whilst managing the day to day operations within a fast paced distribution centre.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of 10 shift managers in the Warehouse
- Indirectly responsible for up to 200 team members including agency
- Performance and attendance management of all employees
- Ensure that all accidents, incidents and near misses are investigated thoroughly and in line with the company investigation procedure.
- Take part in any site project activity operating as team member or project leader as required
- Receiving Inbound loads from 3rd party transport operation
- Recruitment, training and development of employees
- Overseeing day to day operations to deliver a safe, compliant and efficient site
- Employee relations and disciplinary
- Lead and inspire a team through change streamlining practices to deliver results and customer satisfaction
- Be creative to recognise employee progress and celebrate success
- Effective leadership, motive and build strong relationships with the team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment focusing on results and deadlines
- People person with ability to communicate with team or on individual basis
- Works well under pressure and can interpret data quickly to make effective decisions
- Organisational and time management
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders including senior level and trade unions
Line management support and development training
Training on company intranet
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.