Job Title - Warehouse Operative (Forklift Licence required)
Location - Cumbernauld
Job Type - Temporary position but could lead to full time contract
Hours of Work -
Dayshift - 6am - 2pm / Backshift 2.30pm - 10pm / Nightshift - 10pm - 6am (Flexibility with shifts is required)
Sa;ary - £9.50 per hour. Shift allowance for Nightshift.
Search Consultancy are delighted to be working with a food manufacturing company within the Cumbernauld area who are actively recruiting for a warehouse operative but whom can also operate a forklift
Main Duties Include:
- General forklift duties with a standard counterbalance up to 2.5T. including loading/offloading of delivery/despatch vehicles.
- Duties will include working with an Aislemaster/Bendi articulated FLT which will be the primary truck type in use.
- All duties relating to working in a warehouse/inventory control role with accuracy being a key attribute in a successful candidate.
- Warehouse personnel will be expected to work with an MRP system or Hand held bar code system to carry out all movement functions within the warehouse. Manual forms will be used when the system is unavailable.
- The role will also require an element of Cycle Counting and participation in Major Stock Checks each quarter.
- Overtime work in evenings/weekends will need to be covered when there is a requirement and is the responsibility of each Storeman.
- There is an element of manual handling required in this position with a requirement for candidates to be able to carry up to 25Kg.
The role is predominately split with 90% Warehouse duties and 10% forklift.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.