Warehouse Manager, Stockport - Manchester
£28,000 - £30,000 p/annum
- Responsible for the running of the warehouse department and providing strong and experienced leadership within the pick, pack and despatch structure of the site.
- Lead the warehouse operatives to deliver in their areas of responsibility.
- To provide strategic and tactical improvement strategies to support operational excellence and improved efficiencies.
- To be involved in recommendations on site service strategy in line with company goals and objectives
- Ensure management of the team members is in line with all policies and procedures.
- Work with all other departments including: Sales, Estimating, Procurement, Production, Goods in and Finance to ensure full involvement and understanding of the production activities and issues to be resolved
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Formal qualification in warehousing or a related discipline to degree, HND level, or equivalent experience with at least 5 years experience at a management level within a pick and pack environment.
- Highly motivated by the challenge of continuous improvement you will have an understanding of CI techniques and principles
- Able to work in a calm, controlled and effective manner in a progressive production environment, you will provide stability and guidance to the manufacturing team.
- Commercially aware with good budgetary control skills and systems literacy, you must have a strong and broad based warehousing background.
- Be able to demonstrate a positive understanding of the importance of key stakeholder management for both internal and external customers.
- Ability and confidence to make well informed and considered decisions
- A real team player with experience at management level you will display the competencies required to be an effective member of the management team and have the confidence to take a significant lead in the site culture change program.
To apply for this position please follow the link to submit your CV
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.