I am currently working with a leading UK manufacturer, who are looking for a Warehouse Manager to join their ever-growing business.
Salary up-to £32,000
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday - 10:00 - 19:00
- Responsible for management and decision making in the receipt, store, pick and pack of goods and the requirements of the site to maximize cost and the effectiveness in the use of the product
- Responsible for working closely with the relevant departments to manage the successful introduction of investment and planning the requirements for the future.
- Monitor and control cost saving projects and deliver within time and financial constraints.
- Provide tactical improvement strategies to support operational excellence and improved efficiencies.
- Responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the warehouse department.
- Make recommendations and implement a site manufacturing strategy in line with company goals and objectives.
- Lead the Department towards an integrated manufacturing operation using systems to provide data for decision making.
- Accountable for managing, motivating and developing the team and support functions to be able to meet the day-to-day needs of the Department.
- To drive and embed accountability in self and others accountable for performance in terms of safety, quality, customer service and cost.
- Implement and monitor warehousing best practice and ensure the appropriate statutory legislation is embedded within the departments. (H&S/EMS/ISO)
- Lead and support the creation of a continuous improvement organization.
- Drive performance improvement through manufacturing projects and improvement initiatives working closely with the local management team.
- Support the implementation of a structured program of Planned Servicing and Asset Management to improve reliability and meet compliance.
- Champion the people development agenda within the department & Support and implement people development initiatives to support the department strategy.
- Act as a champion within the management team for business excellence and team working.
- Identify and measure KPI's for all your team and act on performance issues in a timely manner
- Communicate both formally and informally, Company and departmental information to the manufacturing teams.
- Work closely with the site management team to ensure good working relationships, improve business performance and deliver the site strategy.
- Achieve departmental key performance indicators to drive safety, cost, quality, delivery and service measures / targets.
- Develop employees within the department through individual and relevant development plans, lead by example and manage succession plans as required
- Communicate effectively information both formally and informally from Managing Director to all levels of employees
- Lead in building effective working relationships with the local Managers and identify areas of improvement to reduce down time issues