Warehouse Manager - Stockport
£28,000 - £32,000 Monday to Friday 10am - 7pm.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Warehouse Manager for a busy manufacturing operation in Stockport, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the warehouse and managing a team of up to 20 permanent Warehouse Operatives and a contingent workforce.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for management and decision making in the receipt, store, pick and pack of goods and the requirements of the site to maximise cost and the effectiveness in the use of the product
- Monitor and control cost saving projects and deliver within time and financial constraints.
- Responsible for all aspects of the day to day running of the warehouse department.
- Make recommendations and implement a site manufacturing strategy in line with company goals and objectives.
- Accountable for managing, motivating and developing the team and support functions to be able to meet the day-to-day needs of the Department.
- To drive and embed accountability in self and others accountable for performance in terms of safety, quality, customer service and cost.
- Implement and monitor warehousing best practice and ensure the appropriate statutory legislation is embedded within the departments. (H&S/EMS/ISO)
- Drive performance improvement through manufacturing projects and improvement initiatives working closely with the local management team.
- Act as a champion within the management team for business excellence and team working.
- Identify and measure KPI's for all your team and act on performance issues in a timely manner
- Communicate both formally and informally, Company and departmental information to the manufacturing teams.
- Work closely with the site management team to ensure good working relationships, improve business performance and deliver the site strategy.
- Achieve departmental key performance indicators to drive safety, cost, quality, delivery and service measures / targets.
- Develop employees within the department through individual and relevant development plans, lead by example and manage succession plans as required.
- Lead in building effective working relationships with the local Managers and identify areas of improvement to reduce down time issues
Knowledge and experience required:
- Formal qualification in warehousing or a related discipline to degree, HND level, or equivalent experience with at least 5 years experience at a management level within a pick and pack environment.
- Able to work in a calm, controlled and effective manner in a progressive production environment, you will provide stability and guidance to the manufacturing team.A real team player with experience at management level you will display the competencies required to be an effective member of the management team and have the confidence to take a significant lead in the site culture change program.
Search Consultancy are an employment business recruiting on behalf of their clients.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.