Warehouse Manager (Tech) - Macclesfield, excellent salary and benefits.
37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm.
We are currently looking for an experienced Warehouse Manager for our client in Macclesfield. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leading company and to Manage a successful operation of 2 Supervisors and 30 Warehouse Operatives. This role would suit a technology savvy Manager that likes working with ever changing operating systems.
* Communicate effectively with other departments to maintain a lean process of stock movement from the testing department into the warehouse, leading to the dispatch of goods through our outbound sales channels
* Maintain a high level of stock integrity
* Ensure professional and appropriate leadership, communication, motivation and training of the team
* Ensure temporary headcount does not exceed the agreed levels
* Ensure training matrices are up to date
* Ensure all holiday/absence reporting is up to date
* Daily setting of targets for all staff under your supervision and ensuring these are met and manage the performance of the team to achieve these
* Responsible for purchasing department supplies
* To assist management in the creation and the review of department SOP's
* Incorporate principles such lean thinking and 5S to continually improve the efficiency and productivity of the function
* To develop an extensive knowledge of the warehouse processes, both theoretically and practically with the aim of being able to help train up new staff to a high standard of competency.
* Proactively improve the working environment by effective organisation of work area and people
* Prioritise and manage daily workload
* To carry out any other reasonable duties defined by the Company to ensure business objectives/requirements are met
Personal Skills and Key Competencies:
* Previous experience of managing both inbound and outbound warehouse
* Strong processing skills to ensure high level of stock accuracy
* Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
* Good Numeracy Skills
* Very good IT Skills (Knowledge of Excel)
* A good working knowledge of current mobile operating systems IOS/ Android etc
* The ability to problem solve and work under own initiative and to manage own workload
* Efficient time management and the ability to complete multiple functions
* High attention to detail and accuracy
* Excellent leadership skills as the role holder will be responsible for areas of people
management including but not limited to investigations, return to work meetings, appraisals and motivating staff to achieve targets
* Ability to communicate ideas and systems of work effectively
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal with all levels of management and to internal and external customers.
To apply please submit your CV by folloiwng the link.
Search Consultancy are an employment business recruiting on behalf of their clients.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.