My client is a fantastic charity in the East Midlands with a strong reputation in their field. The work they do is exceptional and extremely valued, both locally and nationally.
In order to support their continued success, they are looking to recruit a Volunteer Engagement Coordinator to coordinate, generate and support the volunteers within the charity. Volunteers are essential to the success of this organisation and pivotal to the continuation of the work they do and span a diverse range of roles from fundraising, working in the retail outlets, to gardening / DIY to support roles.
If you want to work with a wide range of different stakeholders, want to support a whole range of different people to channel their skills and abilities in new ways and enjoy helping others give back to their communities, this may be the role for you. This position does all of this and more!
You'll maintain and maximise existing volunteer networks by providing an outstanding experience for volunteer networks by providing an outstanding experience for them. This will be achieved through excellent communication and engagement, ensuring volunteers continue to give their time, money and support to deliver the amazing work done and understand the important part they play in the success of the organisation. You will have a talent for attracting and motivating volunteers from all sections of society and use internal and external insight, data and good practice to develop and deliver a plan for growing the scale, breadth and quality of volunteering experiences in the charity.
In order to be considered for this exciting role, you will have:
1. Experience of strategy delivery, ideally within volunteering
2. Knowledge of good practice in relation to volunteer management and development, including legal issues
3. Knowledge of best practice in learning and development, with experience of delivering volunteer management training, and delivering a variety of learning to volunteers
4. Experience of significant volunteer change management
5. Experience of analysing, reviewing and using data and insight to drive planning and decision making
6. Experience of developing and working with volunteer/supporter journey frameworks
7. Experience of managing relationships with external agencies/suppliers
8.Experience of delivering projects to tight deadlines and budgets
9. Knowledge of, and commitment to innovation in volunteering
10. Education, training and continual professional development relevant to the scope of responsibilities of the Head of Volunteering role
11. Strong administrative and organisational skills
Monday - Friday - 37.5 hours a week
Salary £30,000 - £32,000pa + Benefits.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.