Job Title: VNA Driver/Goods in Operative
Location: Shelf, Halifax
Hours: Mon - Friday (Days)
I am currently recruiting for a Goods in operative with a VNA licence to be based at a fantastic company in Halifax. This company is a National outfit and are a market leader within the manufacture and distribution of medical products.
The successful candidate will assist the Goods In Supervisor with the day to day function of the Goods In team within the warehouse in accordance with guidelines and procedures. They will also be required to use VNA and Reach FLT's to move goods.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Work with the Goods in Supervisor to effectively accept, move and control the stock within the warehouse
* To contribute to the management of delivered goods - assisting in counting/checking and reporting.
* Use VNA and Reach FLTs to locate, move and issue goods
* Keep Warehouse tidy and safe by working within organisational and team procedures
* Assist with effective stock control by conducting product audits and aisle/pallet audits
* Unload containers of delivered goods and assist in wrapping and locating
* Assist where necessary in the loading of outbound trailers
* Ensure raw materials and finished products are stored so that they remain undamaged
* Ensure deliveries are loaded correctly and that they are dispatched undamaged
* Assisting in dispatching of goods when required
* Input internal goods movement data into IT systems from own written records
* Support team members to cover periods of absence and holidays, wherever necessary
* Be prepared to work in other areas of Operations when required
* Willing to work as part of a team as well as unsupervised and using own initiative.
* Be aware of health and safety issues in the warehouse
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Must hold a valid Reach and/or Counterbalance Fork lift truck operators licence with willingness and capability to train for VNA operation
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work to targets and deadlines
* Physically fit with knowledge of and capability for Manual Handling
* Have a flexible approach to undertaking a variety of work as required from day to day
* Experience working within goods in
For further information please don't hesitate in contacting Sandeep at Search Consultancy Leeds
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Search Industrial, part of Search Consultancy is an Employment Business/Agency.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age