Indirect Tax Assistant Manager - Permanent - Up to £40,000 + Excellent Benefits - Manchester
Working exclusively with Search, this innovative and forward thinking organisation is seeking a Assistant VAT Manager join their team.
As the Indirect Tax Assistant Manager you will be responsible for supporting the VAT Manager and Head of Indirect Taxes in delivering a VAT review and support service to all areas of the business and support other Indirect Tax areas where time allows.
- Review of the VAT aspects of specific processes and areas of the business to a timetable agreed with the Head of Indirect Taxes;
- Working with the VAT Manager to support individual business areas and internal teams on VAT issues;
- Reporting on findings and liaison with HMRC to correct any errors identified and with colleagues to close any control gaps;
- Providing backup support to colleagues undertaking the VAT compliance processes;
- Supporting Finance teams overseas businesses on local VAT issues;
- Supporting on projects on excise and customs duty as necessary.
- Minimum 3 years VAT experience either in an in-house role in a large business or a practice environment;
- Project management experience and concise report writing skills are essential;
- Must have an enquiring mind and an ability to work independently along with the confidence to challenge where errors are identified or processes are unclear;
- Good knowledge of finance and retail systems is essential;
- Must be comfortable managing relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience of how indirect taxes work in the retail environment would be a significant advantage
- Working knowledge of other indirect taxes (excise and customs duty) is not essential but would be an advantage
This is a unique opportunity to work for a business that will challenge you but also recognises hard work.
1st round interviews will be taking place July 2020 so if you would like to be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please contact Vicky Howard @ Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.