VAT Financial Accountant - ££Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Package - Manchester - Permanent
Search Accountancy are working on a exciting opportunity to recruit for one of the world's leading Pharma/Life Science organisations. At present, they have a opportunity available for a talented VAT Accountant.
The successful candidate will have in depth knowledge of European VAT Compliance, gained from working within a Shared Service or International organisation. It is essential you have working knowledge of SAP. Candidates who have experience of knowledge transfers/migrations will be favourable.
As a VAT Accountant, you will concentrate and specialise in the VAT GL accounts, working closely with the GL Team to transition the VAT reconciliations and clearing process to the VAT team. The VAT accountant will also be expected to train and up-skill the existing VAT analysts. Once the transition has been performed, the role will focus on keeping the VAT accounts reconciled and other VAT Compliance reporting duties.
- Ensure functional tasks are executed in a timely and accurate manner, using harmonised work instructions and using the specialist knowledge of the functional process. Ensure each VAT reporting task complies with local country requirements, which will lead to VAT and ICS control compliance.
- VAT reporting preparation and submission, this will be a number of European countries and includes cover of VAT team members during periods of absence.
- Accelerating transformation and value creation to drive towards required outcomes in area of expertise.
- Take ownership of assigned area. This involves ensuring that AP/AR/GL corrections are processed, keeping VAT knowledge current, updating/ writing new work instructions and have a willingness to train VAT team members.
- Play a key role in both internal/external Tax/financial Audits. Ensure all functional tasks performed have relevant back up, and assist the VAT Manager as required.
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support, and training within VAT and other SSC functions.
This award winning organisation is truly innovative in what they do and there are fantastic career opportunities available.
For further information, contact Vicky Howard @ Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.