VAT Associate - ££ Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits Pacakage - Manchester
Search are currently looking to recruit a VAT Associate for a leading international company with operations in more than 120 countries.
The Record to Report (R2R) team within the Business Service Centre (BSC) consists of three departments, General Ledger (GL), Intercompany (IC) and VAT.The VAT Compliance team comprises of six people in total with the VAT Associate role reporting directly into the VAT Compliance Team Lead. The team have responsibility for Vat Compliance for multiple European VAT returns, Intrastats and EC Sales Lists. The role will combine VAT knowledge with good analytical and communication skills.
- Monthly preparation of multiple European VAT reports, Intrastats and EC Sales Lists including:
- Reviewing invoices for compliance
- Using SAP and excel to analyse data
- Reconciling VAT returns to SAP Accounts
- Liaising with markets or fiscal representatives to confirm VAT postings are correct
- Analyse transactional postings for legislative compliance/errors
- Processes and Controls
- Provide VAT information to BSC, markets, PPO and customer services as required
- Ensure internal processes documentation is effective, current and adhered to at all times.
- Ideally experience within a VAT accounting function or VAT knowledge
- Competent Microsoft Excel user
- SAP experience preferred
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills (especially communicating with non native English speakers)
- Ability to work as part of team
- Understands the importance of accurate and consistent financial data
Would you be interested in working for an award winning "Global Employer" who have a energizing culture and offer commitment to learning and development.
For further information, please contact Vicky Howard @ Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.