Value Engineer, West Sussex - £25000-35000pa
Our West Sussex based client is a leading design and manufacturer of electro/mechanical/plastic products.
Due to continued growth they require a Value Engineer to work closely with production and purchasing departments in the UK and overseas. As the Value Engineer you will be tasked with identifying cost saving opportunities with products through design changes; production processes and supplier negotiations. As well as the financial/cost improvements, you will be actively looking at ways to ensure and improve quality of our products. Working with quality team, engineering team and production team to improve our products quality assurance.
* Identifying cost saving opportunities.
* Liaise with international suppliers on product improvements and cost savings.
* Liaise with Engineering UK during product development phase and product improvement stages.
* Liaise with Engineering Departments in the overseas factory.
* Liaise with Purchasing & Production Departments in the overseas factory.
* Work with Production on lean manufacturing processes and implement any supplier components or design changes that can be adopted to assist with production efficiencies and quality.
* Facilitate the communication between departments to ensure quality issues are addressed and suitable solutions are brought through to completion (through 8D reports).
* Analyze Bill of Materials across multiple products to evaluate similes and possible cost savings.
* Manage or assist with customer complaints activities.
* Engineering Degree or HND/HNC equivalent.
* Proven track record in an Engineering environment.
* Proven track record in Value Engineering.
* Comprehensive understanding of supply chains.
* Ability to work with other departments and facilitate communication between them.
* The ability to manage your own workload.
* Proven track record in dealing with Suppliers Internationally.
* Good analytical approach.
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.