A rapidly growing Pallet Network and Warehousing business are looking to recruit a Transport Shift Manager (Nights) at their Rotherham transport office, working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 6pm to 6am.
This transport office is very busy; therefore we are looking for a Transport Shift Manager who is happy to work in a fast paced environment and can work under pressure. You will also be able to provide dedicated customer service, and have initiative and worked within a similar general haulage operation.
The Transport Shift Manager is responsible for the execution and planning of the drivers work schedule, making sure this is done efficiently. When performing the role you will need to ensure the service to our customers, quality of the driver performance and compliance is maintained.
Outline of Main Duties:
* Operate the shift plan in place effectively making any changes needed to the plan in order to ensure that the work flows throughout the shift
* Ensure all drivers are briefed prior to their shift and allocate work
* Ensure drivers are dressed appropriately for the role including wearing the correct PPE as required prior to departure.
* Ensure Drivers infringements are captured daily and ensure infringements are de briefed face to face and on FTA
* Defect reports are monitored daily with any issues raised and dealt with in a quick and timely manner, investigate new damage on trailers and tractor units
* Damage and accident reports are completed and investigated in a timely manner
* Trailer service dates are adhered to, full communication with the garage and planning team
* Ensure any goods returned are checked, logged and dealt with as per customer requirements
* Ensure all drivers receive a full induction and all SSOW'S are completed prior to starting work
* Produce KPI reports for the business managers and produce hand over reports
* De Brief drivers accordingly to ensure that jobs have been completed correctly, PODS have been scanned, vehicle washed, filled with fuel and tachograph information is downloaded at the end of each shift / working week
* Manage and support Transport Shift Co Ordinator's in their day to day role
* Co-ordinate all Group unit/trailer breakdowns and all relevant information is passed on.
* Ensure all tyre call outs are reported and completed
* Oversee all deliveries to ensure they are on time, progress chase drivers and log the reason for any late or failed deliveries on Truckcom
* Working with the Transport Manager to ensure that all legal requirements are adhered to with regards to tacho downloads, vehicle downloads, driver hours and Transport legislation and that any offences are discussed and signed off with appropriate drivers
* Identifying training needs of individuals through performance and appraisal processes
* Ensure a Shift hand over is completed with detailed handover notes and follow up action for on coming Shifts
* Liaising with Customer Services and the Transport Planning team in relation to any potential service issues or operational needs, e.g.: - shot loads, where accountability must be investigated
* Maintain compliance of H&S, ISO9001 and 14001, policies and procedures
Experience and Skills
* Experience of working in a busy transport office (General Haulage environment)
* Experience of General Haulage route planning
* Comprehensive knowledge of Drivers Hours, WTD and Road Transport Regulations
* Strong people management skills, leading by example and engaging with colleagues at all levels
* Ability to train and develop people
* Knowledge of computerised scheduling and driver management packages
* Excellent IT, communication and customer service skills
* International CPC would be desirable, however knowledge of Transport law would be an advantage
£25000.00 per annum
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.