Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
3 months ago
I am thrilled to be partnering with a growing haulage company based in Birmingham on their search for a Transport Planning Manager. Reporting into the Transport Operations Manager the Transport Planning Manager will be responsible for leading a team of transport planners across a 24/7 operation.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Oversee the day to day planning of a fleet of 70+ vehicles across the UK
* Ensuring effective fleet utilisation and the minimisation of empty vehicle running.
* Manage a team of 4+ planners across a fast paced multi-drop environment.
* Ensuring effective planning of available labour and resource.
* Maintain and build relationships with external customers and ensure their requirements are being met and continuously improved.
* Work closely with the fleet management team to ensure vehicle compliance.
* Management of the transport planning software and ensure the system is updated and used effectively.
* Deliver a high level of customer service and ensure KPI's are met.
* Work alongside the operations team to ensure driver compliance and agency driver availability.
Key skills required:
* Previous experience leading a transport planning team, function or being in a senior planner role.
* Experience of leading a team within a fast paced environment promoting development and continuous improvement.
* In-depth transport knowledge including national planning, compliance & legislation and driver management.
* Proven ability to drive on costs and efficiency within a transport operation.
* Experience working with a number of planning systems.
* General haulage experience would be an advantage.
This is a permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary up to £35,000. This is a Monday to Friday role with the occasional weekend cover.
Please get in touch with Jessica directly to discuss the role further:
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.