A rapidly growing Pallet Network and Warehousing business are looking to recruit a Transport Co-ordinator at there Head Office based in Rotherham, working on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, 6am to 6pm.
The transport office is very busy, therefore we need people who are happy to work in a fast paced environment and can work under pressure and provide dedicated customer service.
Duties will involve:
* Ensure drivers have been pre-briefed at start of their shift
* Ensure drivers are equipped with the correct PPE and are provided with all equipment applicable to their role. Also, they are trained to use the Company's Truckcom mobile tablet
* De-brief drivers at the end of their shift, ensure Tacho cards are downloaded, paperwork filled in correctly and folders are complete
* Scan and check POD's when necessary and retrain drivers on their responsibilities if required
* Ensure any goods returned are checked, logged and dealt with as per customer requirements
* Ensure Drivers infringements are captured daily and ensure infringements are de-briefed
* Defect reports are monitored daily with any issues raised and dealt with in a quick and timely manner, investigate damage on trailers and tractor units
* Damage and accident reports are completed and investigated in a timely manner
* Trailer service dates are adhered to
* Communicate with the Garage to ensure all trailer servicing is up to date and complete
* General administration duties as required by Transport Manager/Shift Manager
* Stand in for the shift Manager during periods of absence
* Oversee all deliveries to ensure they are on time and progress chase drivers
* Maintain compliance of H&S, ISO9001, 14001 and 18001, Policies and Procedures
Candidates should be able to demonstrate an excellent understanding of driver hours and legislation on road transport regulations as well as an extensive geographical knowledge of the UK. Previous experience in route planning is preferred.
You should be computer literate and preferably experienced with transport management systems. Be able to work on your own initiative, cope with pressurised situations and demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills.
Salary £22,000.00 per annum
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.