I have an excellent opportunity for a transport professional to join a well established haulage company based in the Wrexham.
Our client has been established and operating in the bulk tanker sector for over 90 years, adapting to the many changes seen in transport over many decades. Recently they have added and upgraded their fleet of tankers and also installed some of the latest technology in their vehicles, proving that they are at the cutting edge of what they do.
The company operates 24/7 and the planning team share a working rota (any 5 shifts in 7) covering the core hours of 7am - 7pm.
- Planning fleet for work (Tankers) for both day work and tramping work
- Using geographical knowledge to maximise the fleet ability to work
- Consider cost efficiencies (best route) for fuel, vehicle running costs
- Briefing and De-briefing drivers starting and finishing their shift
- Supervising and managing driver work loads
- Sourcing extra drivers when needed
- Reacting to route planning changes when needed and re-routing
- Ensuring KPI's are met
- Responsible for providing a detailed and accurate handover to next shift
- Maintaining driver and depo communication at all times
- Ensuring drivers have the correct paper work
- Ensuring drivers are on time (using software installed)
- Responsible for driver queries face to face and via telephone
- Managing driver break downs
- Ensuring drivers are up to date with any road problems and challenging drivers when needed to ensure deliveries are on time
- Co-ordination all night work
- Ensuring drivers have clocked in and out correctly
- Leasing with transport agencies
- Speaking with customers and taking on new bookings
- Manual planning if needed
- Responsible for Health and Safety
- Previous experience of working as a Transport Planner within a busy, fast paced transport office
- A general haulage background (desirable)
- Experience monitoring drivers
- Experience dealing with blue chip contracts is desirable
- A solid understanding of Transport operating systems
- A knowledge of tachograph regulations
- Able to organise work load in a consistent and methodical way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship building and a strong communicator.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- High levels of drive and enthusiasm.
- Meticulous in their approach.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Numerate and IT literate.
This a great opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner who is pro-active and looking for a long term career with a company and wants to add value to their organisation by using their knowledge and expertise.
Along with a competitive salary the role offers free parking along with a company pension and holiday scheme.