We have a fantastic opportunity for a Transport Planner & Coordinator to join a fantastic distribution company based in Stockport.
Joining the busy Transport Team, the Transport Planner & Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of planning and administration within the Transport department and providing assistance to the Transport Manager and Head of Transport.
Salary: Negotiable based upon experience
- Effective management and planning of drivers using our transport planning software
- Ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to whilst planning
- To ensure the daily plan is delivered on time managing resources effectively, maximising utilisation whilst minimising cost
- Ensure that all transport systems are kept up to date
- Brief drivers to ensure that all instructions for their allocated runs are communicated
- Responsible for Health and Safety of the team, ensuring safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- Achieving key performance targets, identifying trends with a view to improving efficiency's.
- Responsibility to collate (and where applicable liaise with other sites to make sure KPI completion is adhered to daily) and circulate daily KPI data to relevant management team
- Liaise with fleet maintenance providers as and when required and log fleet issues/call outs
- Ensure driver brief and debriefs are completed
- Assist drivers with any on road delivery issues and resolve in a timely manner
- Assist with the management of the fleet, ensuring that vehicles required for service are presented when scheduled or requested.
- Assist with 3PL queries and KPIs.
- Transport planning experience
- Good geographical knowledge