Find your better future.
Goodbye working unhappy, hello doing what you love. Trust our specialists to make your job search easy.
about 1 month ago
I am currently supporting my client, a reputable pallet network company based in Leicestershire, to recruit for a Transport Traffic Planner to join their growing transport team.
The ideal candidate will come from a background in a fast paced, transport environment and have a flexible, adaptable and pro-active approach to their daily duties.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Reporting into the Transport Manager to assist in the efficient running of the transport operations
* Holding responsibility for the management of 25+ LGV drivers
* Ensuring that delivery and collection routes are routed correctly and that drivers achieve them in a safe, timely and efficient manner.
* Liaising with the team of drivers and ensuring strong communication channels in order to resolve any issues at the first instance
* Identifying ways to ensure continuous improvement by looking at ways of developing current network efficiencies
* Ensuring adequate resources are in place and covering any adhoc collections are picked up either via the pool of drivers or by using sub-contractors
* Maintaining relevant documentation and ensuring systems updated accurately and in line with company and/or legislative requirements
* KPIs include service, cost and productivity
* Holding responsibility for all health and safety across the site and promoting a safe atmosphere in which to work
* Previous experience in a similar transport environment (desirably 3 years)
* Strong communication skills
* Good decision-making and problem resolution skills
* Resilient, self-motivated and flexible
* Monday to Friday
* NIGHT SHIFTS ONLY
* 15:30pm - 12:00am (Midnight)
* Company pension scheme
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy or to discuss further, please contact Amy Mackley on 07918360808 or email email@example.com.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.