Transport Operation Manager
£38,000 - £45,000 + Bonus
Monday - Friday
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain statutory compliance for trailer, vehicle and driver hour regulations
- Contact customers and meet delivery deadlines and customer expectations
- O Licence Holder for the Warrington depot
- Overseeing a team of 4 x Transport Shift Managers and 4 Transport Supervisors
- Manage fleet utilisation and legal compliance to O Licence requirements.
- Ensure compliance of the operation to Quality systems, industry standards and legal requirements.
- Promote high standards of hygiene and housekeeping, ensuring compliance to all legislative Health & Safety requirements.
- Provide leadership; encouraging a learning environment whilst developing staff.
- Ensure efficient planning, reviewing and communication of operational requirement and change
- To ensure legal compliance with all agency staff
- Proactively seek ways of cost reducing and making use of all resources
- Manage the performance of the fleet in order to ensure maximum operational efficiency and service excellence
- Demonstrate the expected behaviours and standards of a people leader to help recruit, engage and develop the capability of our people and generate the right customer service culture for our business
- Investigate all MSI's (Most Serious Infringements) and produce detailed report for each occasion they occur
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team
- Manage all P&L/KPI's, direct costs, productivity and compliance objectives
- CPC Qualification (essential)
- Transport Management experience of a fleet exceeding 20 HGV's
- Have demonstrable leadership experience and be an effective communicator across all levels
- H&S, Compliance and Fleet management experience
- Professional and friendly manner towards both customers and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills
- Logical way of thinking
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.