Liverpool, City Centre
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Highly Competitive Salary
- Ensure department achieves recognised levels of productivity in relation to operational functions and meets customer satisfaction.
- Guarantee Transport Orders are completed by the team within a timely manner.
- Review productivity on the team and align with appropriate headcount and team structure.
- Ensure operations are run within KPI parameters and develop/maintain relevant KPI reporting tools.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of internal systems and services as well as legislation & maritime regulations.
- Perform appraisals/review meetings with Team Leader and ensure there team member(s) are engaged within the business with relevant training and development, objectives and career development plans in place.
- Ensure all appraisals/review meetings take place for all Transport department via Team Leader.
- Develop inter-departmental communication and work with the Senior Management team.
- Develop close links with Head Office, Overseas Agencies, Suppliers and Customers.
- Attend regular off site meetings with suppliers for service review and provide relevant updates.
- Produce Ad-Hoc reporting and carry out investigations for Senior Management.
- Regular review of processes and procedures and implementation of improvement strategies.
- Develop team members to meet agreed objectives and support them with their career aspirations. This would form part of an ongoing talent management and succession strategy.
- Effectively communicate change and other business updates to the organisation.
- Ensure all policies within the employee handbook are followed and employees are managed effectively to foster a conducive and healthy work environment.
- Handle issues/problem solving at a Management level dependant on risk/value of costs involved.
- Identify, lead and manage strategic projects to support the growth and development of the business.
- Ensure Transport Planners are maximising multi-transport modes and routing the services with the best match backs for Import and Export (where possible).
- Know and understand the financial budget and optimise contract trucks, AM/PM loads, match backs etc. are completed to maximise the profit for the business.
- Forecast future transport capacity needs in accordance with the business strategy needs.
- Maintain Tariffs, Service Agreements and Contracts for all vendors.
- Ensure good communication is in place when reporting failures/late runners to the relevant departments within a timely manner.
- Manage the performance of the Transport Administrators and planners to ensure they are working in line with their day to day functions.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of internal/external systems (including logistic platforms) and services, as well as legislation & maritime regulations.
- Any other tasks deemed relevant to the job and grade as required by the business.
Key Skills & Attributes:-
- Extensive Shipping and Transport experience (Essential)
- Management & Leadership Skills - People Development Experience (Essential)
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills - Telephone, email etiquette and face to face
- Excellent organisational skills at both a strategic & operational level
- Capability to work under pressure
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Create and sustain team morale - build enthusiasm
- Self-motivated & organised
- Presentation Skills
- Project Management Skills
- Graduate level in Shipping/Freight/Business Management (Essential)
- Thorough knowledge of shipping process, procedures, rules & regulations
- Ability to delegate and empower employees, whilst balancing the need to support and coach when assistance is required
- Computer literate and capable of producing reports and analysis of data
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.