Based at: Dagenham
To manage and oversee the overall supply chain operation, including managing drivers and making recommendations to improve productivity, efficiency and quality of the operation.
To carry out the role whilst ensuring health and safety procedures are followed at all times. Ensuring that high levels of productivity, attendance and customer satisfaction are maintained at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Your duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
* Managing c.45 employees/drivers to achieve daily collections and deliver KPI's.
* Managing the raw material supply chain - co-ordinating supplies with customers and internal personnel.
* Ensuring the efficient running of the Company's collection services.
* Planning efficient operation of the vehicle fleet, ensuring vehicle utilisation is maximised and service levels maintained.
* Proactively seek solutions to operational problems, identifying solutions and implementing where required.
* Ensuring any queries/briefings relating to drivers are dealt with.
* Ensuring vehicles are available to the correct standard and taking action when needed with contractors who service and repair the vehicles.
* Recruitment, management and development of drivers and site operatives.
* Ensuring total compliance of departmental Driving Regulations, Working Time Directive, Agency Worker Regulations; taking action when needed.
* Compliance with company procedures and statutory obligations for vehicle operations, health & safety and other legislation.
* Preparing vehicle KPI's in line with the companies requirements.
* Managing on site compliance and general administrative duties.
* Any other ad hoc duties as required.
* To work in a manner that reflects equal opportunities values; treating others with dignity and respect whilst taking into account the needs of colleagues and customers.
* Providing high standards of quality whilst promoting, building and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
* Identifying training needs relevant to the job and participating in any training and development as required.
* Maintaining high levels of personal motivation, attendance and conduct.
Transport operations qualifications (CPC National/International).
Knowledge of the food waste recycling services (Desirable)
Excellent knowledge of Transport Legislation.
Previous experience within a supply chain role.
Previous experience within a managerial role.
Full UK Driving license
Ability to travel with occasional nights away from home if required
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.