£30,000 - £35,000
Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
- To ensure optimal routing and execution within the transport department.
- Ensuring company compliance of all transport policies and legislation.
- Review and recommend any course of action required as a result of any changes in legislation.
- Organising driver vehicle checks.
- Management of costs related to transport operations.
- You will need to be a strong people manager who can ensure effective teamwork within the transport department. It is also important that you have a customer centric approach with the ability to balance service vs. cost.
- To ensure supervision, development and training of all staff within the department utilising a formalised regular review process.
- Develop collaborative relationships with colleagues in other areas of the business.
- To build upon relationships with customers.
- Problem resolution.
- In addition to the day to day management of the transport department, you will proactively support senior Directors with future strategy and development opportunities.
- CPC holder
- ADR Certificate (desirable)
- Previous experience within a management position within a fast paced transport operation
- Petrochemical & ADR experience (desirable)
- Able to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation.
- Possessing a good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls.
- Ability to analyse data.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications (word,excel,powerpoint)
- Decision making and problem solving abilities.
- Some previous experience in dealing with a vehicle maintenance unit in achieving high standards of service levels.
- Previous experience of dealing with customer requirements.
- Project involvement and introducing change.
- Shift working experience.
- Good understanding of stock receiving/control in general haulage.
- Knowledge of quality improvement process.
- Time management abilities (both self and others)
- Management of third party freight providers.
- Experience in staff training/development.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.