We are on the lookout for a motivated and experienced Transport Dispatcher in Halifax, to work in a full-time role from 8 am - 5 pm Monday through Thursday, with an early finish (2 pm) on Friday to set you up for the weekend!
You'll need to be a committed and reliable individual with warehouse operative experience looking to continue a career in transport dispatch. The starting salary will be £9 p/h.
This role is very hands-on, and you will be expected to help out now and again in the goods in department when needed.
Transport Dispatcher job requirements and expectations:
- You will need to understand the function of the warehouse and how it feeds into the drivers
- Dealing with clients with service level agreements is something you will need to be familiar with
- The goods you will be dealing with are products and returns, so you will need an eye for detail to check they conform and deal with returns as necessary
- You will liaise with the transport leader and plan routes so a logistical background would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Sage and Cypro systems will be also helpful in this role.
The job will suit someone looking for Transport Manager experience, a person who is proactive and can think on their feet.
A sense of humour will definitely come in handy, too, as the team you'll be working in like a bit of banter to break up their day!
In return for your commitment and reliability, you will receive a starting salary of £9 p/h, with options for overtime available, alongside a few company benefits to add to your overall package once probation has been passed.
For the right person, there are good chances of career progression.
If this Transport Dispatcher job in Halifax sounds like just the thing you're looking for, contact us today to begin the short application process. Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, all interviews will be conducted online or by phone and if successful a face to face meeting with my client will take place with social distancing measures in place.