£8.21 Per Hour
Sunday - Thursday (Days)
Sunday 07:00 - 18:00, Monday - Thursday 06:00 - 13:00
Duties & Responsibilities:-
- Working in partnership with the driver team, customer and planning department you will ensure the effective daily management and execution of the plan.
- You will manage the day to day activities of own fleet, core/agency drivers and sub contractors
- With a focus on excellent communication, you will brief and debrief the drivers on their daily work schedule
- Ensure drivers have the correct paperwork and equipment to carry out their role.
- Input agreed data into our Transport Management System; driver's hours, fuel usage, mileage etc.
- Coordinate vehicle and trailer maintenance program in line with company and manufacturers requirements.
- Allocate vehicles, drivers and route to the dispatch schedule.
- Ensure vehicles are in correct and safe working condition.
- Ensure that all company Health & Safety policies are adhered to.
- Build an excellent relationship and interaction with the driving team.
- General administration duties in line with transport legislation, company policies and procedures.
- Experience of working within a fast paced transport office
- An understanding of Drivers hours and tachograph regulations
- Able to organise work load in a consistent and methodical way
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship building and a strong communicator.
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- High levels of drive and enthusiasm.
- Meticulous in their approach.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Numerate and IT literate.
- Experience within a transport logistics organisation
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.