My client, a market leader in the European distribution industry, are seeking a number of Transport Controllers for their sites in West Yorkshire. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to propel their transport career with a industry renowned business.
The Transport Controller will be responsible for ensuring that the delivery schedules for over 300 vehicles are completed on time and in full and the required customer service levels are met whilst optimising the efficiency of the operation. You will be responsible for ensuring that plans are vetted for errors and used to co-ordinate the drivers during the shift in order to ensure that their individual schedules are implemented and completed safely, this will also include advising customers of any delays or changes to their deliveries. You will be required to resolve any issues that arise during the shift and demonstrate continuous improvement against various internal and external service and efficiency KPIs. You will also be required to assist the Customer Service Administrators in investigating customer complaints and delivery queries.
Key skills required:
* Have a confident and friendly telephone manner and be able to liaise with people at all levels of our organisation.
* Have working knowledge of UK geography.
* Have an understanding of Drivers' Hours Regulations.
* Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail and organisational skills.
* Be a team player who is able to work to individual and shared deadlines.
* Be proficient in IT, particularly Microsoft Office - Outlook and Excel.
* Have experience of working in "just in time" road-haulage environment, dealing directly with drivers.
* Be flexible in their working hours, and have the ability to cover shifts when required.
* Have strong communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build effective working relationships.
* Have the ability to work a shift pattern that covers mornings, evenings, nights, and weekends.
* Be CPC qualified, or hold other transport industry qualifications.
* Be educated to A-Level (or equivalent) standard.
Please get in touch to discuss the role further; Jessica.email@example.com
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.