Trainee Financial Adviser, Cheltenham
We are representing a well established Cheltenham based IFA firm who are seeking an ambitious Trainee Financial Adviser.
The purpose of the role is to support the existing team of Advisers whilst studying towards Dip PFS level and being trained/mentored by an experienced Financial Planner. You will provide a link between front line advice and the back office support teams.
Our client are looking for a talented individual that is looking to carve out a career in a Financial Advice role who is prepared to work hard and learn initially of some of the best Advisers in the local market.
Some of the main duties include:
* Attending client meetings alongside and adviser and complete appropriate documentation when required.
* Ensuring that all administration, i.e. documents and research (Factfinds, reports, suitability reports and product confirmation letters), are in accordance with necessary standards, and that quality standards are achieved.
* Contacting pension and investment providers to obtain policy information and question the data provided.
* Ensuring that all work is completed in a timely manner and is client prioritised based on need.
* Actively build constructive relationships with clients, other members of staff and providers.
* Ensuring that all knowledge is kept up to date by referencing pension publications, attending seminars and workshops and undertaking exams.
* To help generate continuous new business by attending seminars hosted by the firm and assisting Financial Advisers to achieve sales.
* To become a member of the Company's Investment Committee and partake in discussion and fund analysis during this meeting.
* Maintain up to date knowledge on pension and investment rules and regulations
* You will have commenced a career within Financial Services either with an IFA or in a technical capacity and will have developed a good understanding of Investments, Pensions and Tax/Trust planning
* Ideally you will be progressing with CII professional qualifications and will have achieved good academic qualifications
* Good time management and ability to prioritise work loads
* A genuine desire to build a long term career within financial services
* High attention to details and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
For further information please contact Graham Duvergier on 01293 848143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.