We are representing a well established and rapidly expanding Kent based IFA firm who are seeking an ambitious trainee financial adviser
The purpose of the role is to initially work in a report writing capacity whilst studying towards Dip PFS level and being trained/mentored by an experienced Financial Planner.
* Attending client meetings alongside and adviser and complete appropriate documentation when required.
* Ensuring all client meetings and telephone calls are conducted appropriately.
* Ensuring that all administration, i.e. documents and research (Factfinds, reports, suitability reports and product confirmation letters), are in accordance with necessary standards, and that quality standards are achieved.
* To contact pension and investment providers to obtain policy information and question the data provided.
* Ensuring that all work is completed in a timely manner and is client prioritised based on need.
* Actively build constructive relationships with clients, other members of staff and providers.
* Ensuring that all knowledge is kept up to date by referencing pension publications, attending seminars and workshops and undertaking exams.
* To help generate continuous new business by attending seminars hosted by the firm and assisting Financial Advisers to achieve sales.
* To become a member of the Company's Investment Committee and partake in discussion and fund analysis during this meeting.
* Maintain up to date knowledge on pension and investment rules and regulations
* You will have commenced a career within Financial Services either with an IFA or Product Providers and will have developed a good understanding of Investments, Pensions and Tax/Trust planning
* Ideally you will be progressing with CII professional qualifications and will have achieved good academic qualifications
* Good time management and ability to prioritise work loads
* A genuine desire to build a long term career within financial services
* High attention to details and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The company offers full study support, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. For more details please contact Nick Tagg at Search Financial Services on 01293 848137