I am currently working with a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Due to continued growth they are now looking to add a Trainee Pension Consultant to their team.
To be considered for this role you will be someone who has been in a trainee DC consultant or paraplanner role and is now looking to take the step into a client facing consultancy role.
The main purpose of the role will be to work alongside experienced consultants whilst progressing quickly to a consultancy role and responsibility for a portfolio of corporate clients.
The individuals selected will work closely with a team of consultants. Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining client relationships including meeting attendance;
- Preparation of reports/presentations for new and existing clients;
- Assisting the Line Manager, Consultants and CRMs in the preparation of reports and collating information for reports covering technical matters and advice;
- Project management;
- Liaising with external providers of services;
- Developing relationship with other business areas within the organisation.
- Checking of work prepared by others in the team;
- Member data analysis
- Managing relationships between providers and clients
- Delivering agreed services in accordance with agreed time schedules and budget with each allocated client;
- Maintaining records in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures;
- Maintaining high professional standards.
In return, you will be rewarded with:
- Outstanding progression opportunities including tailored training and development opportunities
- Study resource and support to finish any professional qualification with agreed timescales
- Once qualified and signed off the opportunity to manage your own portfolio of clients.
- Competitive salary and flexible benefits package
- 2:1 honours degree or above preferred
- 120 UCAS points or more
- *Comprehensive support will be provided to you in relation to your study towards relevant level for qualification through either the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) or the Pensions Management Institute (PMI)
- Ideally, at least 2 years' experience in a trainee consultant / paraplanner role
- An interest in workplace savings and benefits
- Technical knowledge and experience of working in DC pensions
- Motivated to complete final relevant professional qualifications
- A strong interest to work and advance career within the financial services industry