I am working with a well known asset management business in Edinburgh looking to recruit a Trainee Accountant to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience working as an Assistant Accountant, who has started a professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA or Equivalent) and keen to progress their career and develop within a global business.
* Production of monthly financial accounts
* Preparation of year end statutory accounts (IFRS) and cash flow including liaison with external auditors
* Recording and settlement of intercompany balance
* Maintenance and daily updating of accounting records e.g. bank recs and liquidity checks.
* Preparation of quarterly and annual FCA returns including review of companies' financial resources.
* Preparation of Pooled Fund Billing on a quarterly basis.
* Preparation of internally prepared Segregated Billing invoices on a monthly and quarterly basis.
* Ensure that purchase invoices are processed promptly
* Ensure that daily client money checks are carried out to ensure that any client money within the company bank accounts are identified and treated appropriately within the applicable timescales.
* Liaison within Finance and with Client Management to ensure control of debtors.
* Liaison with business to ensure income is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
* Management Accounts
* Assist with the completion of revenue and assets reforecasts and budget. Assist in expense budgeting process through analysis of corporate costs.
* Maintain awareness and understanding of regulatory issues impacting on the company and the accounts.
* Responsible for compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime as it impacts your role and for ensuring that risks are identified, reported and managed accordingly.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator to be able to liaise effectively with multiple departments as well as be innovative in their thinking with a good problem solving skills
If you are interested in this opportunity then please submit your CV using the link provided!
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.