Search Consultancy is working on an exciting new opportunity for a Graduate Trainee Accountant to join a busy and fast pace firm in Leicester.
Strong academic performance is important so our client knows that you're ready to take your professional exams.
Our client will fund for you to study towards the ACCA qualification, you will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification; this includes time off to study.
Our client supports all of their trainees with a blended approach to training and development including, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training. You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
Our client is a medium sized firm, therefore you will benefit from a more varied training experience rather than being locked into one specialism for the whole of your contract. You will receive training in: Accounts preparation, VAT, personal taxation work and corporate taxation work.
The breadth of experience and training makes for a more interesting and varied work place which enables you to think through issues more broadly than would otherwise be the case.
Work will include
- Preparing Accounts and associated paperwork (unincorporated businesses and companies)
- along with monthly Management Accounts, as required.
- Preparing Business Tax Computations, Partnership Returns, Personal Tax Computations and Personal Tax Returns.
- Preparing P11D returns.
- Assisting with Audit assignments if required (this would only be a small part of the role, and only if the business need arises)
- Providing assistance and guidance to more junior members of staff if acting as Mentor to a trainee
- Build good relationships with clients, receive and review jobs, prioritise and work back to managers on time and on budget
- Look for and suggest improvements to our systems and ways of working.
- Checking the quality of work produced, making sure it meets a high standard and suggest ways of improving the quality and consistency
What does the ideal candidate look like?
- 2.1 or above in a relevant degree
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft windows, word & excel
- High level of attention to detail
- Skilled at dealing with people
- Organised and deadline driven
To find out more about this opportunity apply via the link and our Accountancy and Finance Consultant Courtney Bald will be in touch
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.