I'm seeking an experienced Trading Underwriter to join a fantastic Commercial insurer with offices located in Glasgow city centre.
My client, one of the most forward thinking, progressive and innovative organisations in the insurance industry is looking for an experienced underwriter, ideally with a strength in dealing with Property and Motor.
You will benefit from a open, transparent structure that actively supports career progression from within, including full study support towards attaining CII qualifications and the opportunity to benefit from flexible working patterns once established in the role.
As a Trading Underwriter you will:
- Be aligned to a portfolio of customers/brokers, dedicated to developing the commercial book of business responsible for underwriting profitable business whilst operating within agreed guidelines and authority level
- Understand and act on the demand into the team, actively identifying ways to improve the system.
- Operate from the most appropriate location to meet business needs in line with customer demand (i.e. branch, home or broker location)
Skills and Experience:
- You will already have good technical and commercial underwriting expertise in Property and Casualty
- You will have experience of applying underwriting knowledge to effectively improve processes/procedures
- You are responsible for your own underwriting caseload within a regulatory environment, following due process and within set authority limits
- You will possess the ability to analyse complex information and draw out the relevant facts
- You will have excellent business development/customer engagement skills in order to influence key contacts in the marketplace
- You will possess excellent communication and strong negotiation skills
To find out more, please contact Neil Murphy at Search
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.