Tooling Engineer, Rotherham, permanent, 28-30 k per year
Good salary, long-term work, options for overtime
If you're an experienced Tooling Engineer, looking for permanent work, then we have just the opportunity for you.
Working for a manufacturing company, there is plenty of work here for the right person.
What's in it for you as a Tooling Engineer?
* 33 days holiday per year
* 9% pension contribution
* Free refreshments
* Health insurance
* X3 life insurance
* Free parking
* 75% disability insurance
* Long service awards
The main operating hours are Monday to Friday starting on a rotating shift basis of , 6-2, 2-10, 10-6. You'll work 40 hours per week with the option for overtime at the weekends.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ability to read 2D drawings and interrogate 3D CAD
* Using range of calibrated measuring devices to determine wear and deviation from drawings
* Understand the mechanics of mould / diecast tooling with sliding cores and ejector plates
* Ability to use surface grinding machines
* Ability to use a lathe and milling machine
* Be aware and understand Health and Safety requirements of using tool room equipment
* Laser welding skills preferred but training will be given to do small repairs to cores and die shut offs
* CNC machine program & CAM are good skills to have but not essential
* Maintaining systems of logging time and costs to jobs when completed
* Understanding the needs from production which dictate some jobs may require completion to meet customer demand in a given time period.
To be considered for the role you will have the following attributes:
* Ability to understand technical drawings
* Ability to be trained for CNC and CAM programming
* Effective problem solving capabilities and looking for better solutions to prevent recurring faults
* Excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels when necessary support others as part of a team effort
* Commitment, drive and energy to make the company a great place to work
* Good organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
* Personal commitment to improving your own knowledge and skills
* Clean, tidy and organised to maintain our 5S working environment
If you're an experienced Tooling Engineer and want to be part of a great team, then we would love to hear from you. With immediate start dates available, apply now and someone will be in touch.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.