Technical Services Manager
£31,000 + Benefits
I am currently recruiting for a Technical Services Manager for a beautiful countryside hotel in Ware.
They are seeking a Technical Services Manager to ensure that the Hotel, to include plant, fixtures and fittings are maintained to the highest standard through both planned and reactive maintenance, adhering to Heath, Safety and other legal requirements, whilst supporting the Hotel and services offered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Implement energy saving procedures and to ensure consistent compliance by hotel
* Monitors utility bills to ensure charges are correct.
* Ensure the engineering team are familiar and comply with the company and Statutory Health and Safety procedures
* When required be available to assist the maintenance operations at other group hotels, including auditing on Health & Safety matters.
* Act as liaison between hotel and outside contractors or technical services on major projects.
* Manage repair and maintenance response times necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Understand the importance of building, maintenance and repair techniques increasing guest satisfaction in meeting and event areas.
* Be knowledgeable of and comply with legislation and regulations pertaining to repair and maintenance
* Oversee the refurbishment of public areas, bedrooms, mechanical and electrical plant.
* Responsible for technical advances in equipment to ensure efficient and cost effective running of all plant and services.
* Responsible for preparing the Property & Maintenance and utilities annual budget and preparing monthly forecasts.
* Adhere to overall operational and financial goals, Business Plan and Budget.
* Conduct regular equipment checks and preventive maintenance reporting to minimise replacement costs.
* Compile and distribute team duty rotas
* Ensure there is always adequate resources, people, time and materials available to deal with all eventualities.
* Regularly inspect and monitor the condition of the entire building.
* Experience in managing a team within a hotel establishment
* A recognised qualification in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
* Excellent spoken and written English
* Excellent working knowledge of Health and Safety and Fire Regulations
* A skill based qualification such as Plumbing, Electrical, Carpentry etc.
* Ability to deal with a wide range of basic maintenance repairs
* Good proven organisation and planning skills gained through previous experience
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Good literacy and numeracy skills
* Be an effective people manager
* Be an effective leader
* The ability to liaise efficiently with other Hotel departments
* Be proactive and forward thinking
* Have good project management skills
* Valid UK driving licence
Please contact Louis Raven at Search for more info 01293 848120 firstname.lastname@example.org
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.