Qualified and Registered Team Manager - Fostering Service
£35.00 - 40.00 per hour
Search Consultancy is working with an authority in North East area to recruit for an experienced and dedicated Team Manager to work within a Fostering Team based in the South Yorkshire area. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice within Fostering. .
The successful candidate will be joining a busy well-established and supportive team in South Yorkshire Area.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* Managing the Fostering Duty Service
* Manage a team of six Social Workers
* Experience in Performance Management, sickness absence and HR Procedures
* This is an exciting management opportunity to join the newly established Connected Person's Team in Sheffield City Council's Fostering Service.
* You will be able to contribute to the development and expansion of services to family members and significant others who are looking after children either as connected persons, special guardians or private foster carers.
* The role will lead in support to special guardians, assessment of connected persons and will have responsibility for private fostering. The appointee will work in partnership with another part-time manager in the same team and share operational and supervisory responsibilities across the team.
* We are seeking to appoint an outstanding team manager, who possesses strategic and leadership skills. You need to be social work qualified and registered with HCPC. You will have a thorough knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations, including statutory guidance and national minimum standards. Knowledge of the Adoption Support and Special Guardianship Fund will be an advantage.
You will need to be able to remain calm under pressure and have good communication skills and be able to be a team player as well as work on your own initiative.
* Social Work Qualification
* 2 years post qualifying experience
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £200 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 50 hours in a temporary position. Please call Madge on 0161 835 8772 for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age